What will I learn with this course?
- Throughout more than +35 episodes, I will show you the keys with which you will control Abaqus from Matlab or from any other application!
- You will learn how to automate your workflow combining the power of Matlab and the versatility of Abaqus/Scripting with Python, saving huge amounts of time and preventing human errors
- All the lessons of this course are very fluid, comprehensive and every single detail is explained. In addition, there are multiple quizzes throughout the course to go deeper in the most important concepts.
- Anyway, if you have any question you can use the comments section in the course. I will answer to every comment.
- Every lesson goes straight to the point and includes many tips and tricks that I use daily. You will learn what you need on every stage and you will be putting it in practice through practical cases
- The final goal of the course is that you manage to face a complex workflow in Abaqus controlled from Matlab. You will go from “I didn’t even know this was possible” to “I have designed a full FE simulation analysis in Abaqus from Matlab!”
- The course is designed such that you can reproduce it using the Abaqus Student Edition and if you don’t have access to Matlab you can use Octave instead.
Check out the contents of the course
The power of Abaqus through Matlab (4 blocks, +35 videos)
BLOCK 1: WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
- What is Abaqus? What can I use it for?
- Why automation is fundamental in finite element analysis?
- In which ways can we control Abaqus? Can we do it from Matlab?
SESIÓN 1: PRIMEROS PASOS EN ABAQUS/SCRIPTING
- Abaqus/Scripting: Ventajas y Potencial
- Ejemplo 1: construcción de un modelo sencillo en Abaqus/CAE (con interfaz)
- Construcción del modelo anterior mediante Abaqus/Scripting
- Breve introducción a Python
- Potencial de Abaqus/Scripting en el modelo anterior (dimensiones, condiciones de contorno…)
BLOCK 2: INTERACTING WITH ABAQUS FROM THE CMD (COMMAND LINE)
- Controlling Abaqus from external sources
- Fundamentals of passing arguments to Abaqus
BLOCK 3: RUNNING ABAQUS FROM MATLAB
- Practical case #1: Helical spring
- Controlling Abaqus from Matlab
BLOCK 4: ADVANCED PASSING OF PARAMETERS TO ABAQUS
- Advanced management of arguments in Python
- Practical case #2: Parametric spring shape
- Advanced analysis with Matlab and Abaqus Scripting
ACCESS FOR LIFE
Access this course forever. Watch the videos and review the lessons anytime, at your own pace and from any device
You will have access to all the updates in the course. There will be upcoming contents to keep up to date
After finishing the course you will get your certificate of completion
Where have I worked and studied during my career?
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Industrial and scientific projects
University of West Virginia (WVU)
BSc final project
University Rey Juan Carlos
Polytechnic University of Madrid
Phd in Mechanics of Materials
IMDEA Materials Institute
Carlos III University of Madrid
BSc in Industrial Engineering
What our students think of previous trainings and courses
“By far you have made that anybody can follow the course. You provide all the tools required so that anyone who has ever programmed can follow the course perfectly. Definitely, it is a course made for all levels. I think the course is extremely useful and I would repeat it again for sure. I have felt the course is made taking care of every detail.“
Mechanical Engineering student, University of Oviedo (Spain)
“Thank you Miguel, actually, you teach two things at once, Python and Abaqus. Thanks again and again. I am waiting for the simulation of composite materials!!! I will watch the videos again and again […]. A lot of very important steps in building a model in Abaqus/CAE […]. Thanks again!“
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Denver (USA)
“Abaqus/Scripting is a powerful tool to automate any task in Abaqus using Python scripts. This means that it is possible to automate and control any action performed in Abaqus and, consequently, save a tremendous amount of time both in the PreProcess and PostProcess stages. […] I highly recommend this course provided by TecnoDigital School and Miguel Herráez.”
MSc Advanced Lightweight and Composite Structures, Cranfield University (UK)
“I have just completed the course Abaqus/Scripting with Python and, firstly, I would like to say congratulations. It has been a really interesting course, from which I take lots of resources to implement. I would like you to make new courses with the advanced topics mentioned at the end (optimization, user interfaces…). I hope to see new contributions and courses soon!“
Aerospace Engineer, Saitec Offshore Technologies
Give it a try without any risk
You have 15 days for refunds
For the refund to be possible, there is only one condition: you shall not have visualized more than 20% of the course during the first 15 days after purchase. If that is the case, you only need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be refunded
Available until Monday, September 20
New Online course:
The power of Abaqus
4 blocks of contents