Are any of the following questions familiar to you?
Would you like to get rid of all the repetitive tasks in the simulation process?
Do you spend too long every time that you face a new simulation challenge?
Are you looking for an extra in your professional career?
Are you fed up of searching answers in forums, blogs, videotutorials and all sort of websites going nowhere?
I completely understand how you feel, I have also lived those situations and I want to share my own experience and knowledge with you
YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW FAR YOU CAN GO!
My name is Miguel Herráez, I am an industrial engineer and Phd in materials science.
From my childhood I have always wished to help everyone and to learn everyday something new to go as far as possible. That is how, a few years ago… I could even work at NASA!
In 2013, I started a Phd and I felt overwhelmed when I realized how many new things I had to master in such a short period of time. I needed to use Abaqus from the very first day, but I did not know anything about it.
I needed to learn quickly, I didn’t know where to get started and I was running out of time. I spent many days and nights reading, filtering and collecting information to get up to date.
Since that time, I have been working with Abaqus daily, for scientific purposes as well as for industrial projects. This allowed me to develop a unique method to use Abaqus in an easy and fast way.
Thanks to this methodology, I have achieved further goals than I would have ever expected, and what is more important, I have helped other people to make it real too.
Where have I learnt and collaborated in my career?
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Industrial and scientific projects
University of West Virginia (WVU)
BSc final project
IMDEA Materials Institute
University Rey Juan Carlos
Polytechnic University of Madrid
Phd in Mechanics of Materials
Carlos III University of Madrid
BSc in Industrial Engineering
Optimize your models, work fluently and save time
- Throughout more than +75 episodes, I will guide you going from the basics up to complex simulation techniques
- All the lessons of this course are very fluid, comprehensive and every single detail is explained
- You will not only learn how to use Abaqus, but you will also learn how to automate your models in an extremely simple way with Abaqus/Scripting, saving huge amounts of time and preventing human errors
- You will learn to automate any task in Abaqus: from designing geometry, going through meshing, up to solving the models, processing outputs and much more
- Every lesson goes straight to the point, without any worthless piece of content. You will learn what you need on every stage and you will be putting it in practice from the very first day
- The final goal of the course is that you manage to face a complex model with confidence. You will go from “I have no idea where to get started” to “I have made a full simulation project in Abaqus”
Check the contents of the course
(+14 hours, 5 blocks, +75 videos, 3 quizzes)
BLOCK 0: INTRODUCTION AND FIRST STEPS IN ABAQUS
- What is Abaqus? What can I use it for?
- What is Abaqus/CAE?
- What is Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit?
- Work flow in Abaqus
- Example 0: Basic model with static load
SESIÓN 1: PRIMEROS PASOS EN ABAQUS/SCRIPTING
- Abaqus/Scripting: Ventajas y Potencial
- Ejemplo 1: construcción de un modelo sencillo en Abaqus/CAE (con interfaz)
- Construcción del modelo anterior mediante Abaqus/Scripting
- Breve introducción a Python
- Potencial de Abaqus/Scripting en el modelo anterior (dimensiones, condiciones de contorno…)
BLOCK 1: FIRST STEPS IN ABAQUS/SCRIPTING
- What is Abaqus/Scripting? Advantages and potential
- Example 1: building up a simple model (beam with shells)
- How to script the previous model
- Python I. Intro (data types, variables, data structures, if, while)
- Post-processing I. Visualization and history output
- Quizz I
BLOCK 2: EXPLOITING THE POTENTIAL OF SCRIPTING
- Example 2: building a multibody model (Jenga)
- Scripting of the previous model
- Advanced concepts: contact and interactions
- Python II. Loops (for) and functions
- Post-processing II. Analysis of results
- Quizz II
BLOCK 3: CLOSING THE LOOP WITH ABAQUS/SCRIPTING
- Example 3: building a ballistic model
- Scripting of the previous model
- Python III. Advanced flow control
- Post-processing III. Advanced processing of results
- Advanced Abaqus/Scripting: retrofitted models
- Closing: what else?
- Quizz III
EXTRA BLOCK: YOUR TURN TO PRACTICE
- Example 4: development of a script for a house of cards under seismic loading
- Python IV. modular scripting design, kwargs and __name__
- Advanced Abaqus/Scripting: assembly algorithmics
ACCESS FOR LIFE
Access this course forever. Watch the videos and review the lessons anytime, at your own pace
I will personally solve all of your questions through the Comments section of the course
You will have access to all the updates and new content added periodically to the course
After finishing the course you will get your certificate of completion
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Denver (USA)
“By far you have made that anybody can follow the course. You provide all the tools required so that anyone who has ever programmed can follow the course perfectly. Definitely, it is a course made for all levels. I think the course is extremely useful and I would repeat it again for sure. I have felt the course is made taking care of every detail.“
Mechanical Engineering student, University of Oviedo (Spain)
“I have just completed the course Abaqus/Scripting with Python and, firstly, I would like to say congratulations. It has been a really interesting course, from which I take lots of resources to implement. I would like you to make new courses with the advanced topics mentioned at the end (optimization, user interfaces…). I hope to see new contributions and courses soon!“
Aerospace Engineer, Saitec Offshore Technologies
“The training given by Miguel in the Abaqus/Scripting seminar has been very clear and complete. The explanations were easy to follow, pointing out the most important concepts. I work with Abaqus daily and what I have learned is an excellent starting point to automate my work“
PhD Student, IMDEA Materiales
Give it a try without any risk
You have 15 days for refunds
For the refund to be possible, there is only one condition: you shall not have watched more than 20% of the course during the first 15 days after purchase. If that is the case, you only need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be refunded
Abaqus/Scripting with Python
5 blocks of contents
+14h of video
Do you have any question?
1. What is the course made of?
This course is made of videos (5 to 20 minutes long) which are organized into 5 blocks of contents as detailed above. All the scripts developed to create and analyze the models are given next to each of the videos, as well as more documentation and references to go deeper into all the details
2. Is it worth it learning Abaqus Scripting with Python?
That is one of the first question I made myself when I started working with Abaqus, and very soon I realized… Yes, absolutely!
Many of the problems that you will have to face cannot be tackled manually, they will be too big and complex. The most effective solution is to automate the full workflow (pre-process, launch and post-process) using Abaqus Scripting
To sum up, an Abaqus user who knows how to take advantage of Scripting will employ his time much more efficiently and can solve problems that would be intractable otherwise
3. Is this course for me if I don't have any experience?
Of course it is! The course is structured such that concepts and practical cases increase progressively in complexity. Going from the most basic level, until an intermediate-high level, in the process we will go through lots of different subjects, but starting always from the basics
4. Is this course for me if I already have previous experience?
Again, of course it is!
If you already have experience in Abaqus or Python, you will find out the enormous range of possibilities available when you start learning how to automate any task using scripts that you can generate in a matter of minutes
5. What if I have more questions?
If you still have any question, you can always contact us directly at email@example.com